Thoughts, musings and stories

All thoughts and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of anyone else, nor those of any organisation to which I belong.

My stories are the copyright of Avril King and infringements will have consequences.

Tuesday 11 March 2014

TEASE


He wants me, I know that. He’s no different from the others, the hundreds, who’ve come here, watching me, hoping to take me home.
It’s been over a week now, since he first sat there, always in the same place. I love to tease him, moving closer and then, just as I see his eyes widen, I shimmy away. He must be new to this because he looks so hopeful and he concentrates on my every move.
The regulars simply pretend they aren’t interested, laughing and talking to the others sitting near them; but not him, he’s always alone. Oh, how he wants me.
He thinks I’m brainless; after all, I’m here, in this place, shimmering and moving sinuously in front of them, because I know nothing else. He doesn’t realise that I’ve been here a long time and I’m older than I look. I am at home here and he is not.
Ah yes, I’ve come close to being caught a few times, but I change like the breeze and it keeps them all coming back.
This one hopes he’s in with a chance, because he has something he thinks will lure me within reach. It looks tempting, I’ll admit, and he seems to have so much of it. He can afford to waste a lot on me before he gives up.
It’s getting late now and the atmosphere is changing; time for me to leave. He will pack up his rod and line and go home - disappointed again. 

©Avril King

No comments:

Post a Comment